– At arenas athletes will find every necessary infrastructures (secretariat, informatics, bar service, WC, babysitting, first aids, results, speaker, etc);
– During Urban Night Race and Pre-O Competition there won’t be bar service;
– If you are thinking about using babysitting service during the vent, please check the corresponding option during your accreditation process.
– There will be sleeping floor available at Penamacor Municipal Sports Hall; it demand previous inscription at Ori-Oasis platform.
– Opens: 16h00 – 4th February;
– Closes: 16h00 – 9th February;
– Showers will be at Hard Floor.
– There will be model events in three different maps;
– Maps will be distributed during the accreditation at the Event Center;
– Please select the option “Model Event” during your entry process. In other wise you may don’t have a map for you.
World Ranking Event
– The Long distance on February 8th (day 3) will be an World Ranking Event;
– During that race, GPS watches won’t be allowed in Elite classes.
– The Male Elite class will be splitted in two. The best of World Raking at 2016 February 25th will run M21SuperElite and the remaining in M21Elite;
– In day 3 both classes will count to World Ranking, like IOF suggests.
– On the last stage, all the Elite classes (M21SE, M21E and W21E) will have a Chasing Start at the Arena;
– Athletes who are more than one hour after the first or didn’t run one of the forest stages will have a mass start one hour after the first start;
– The first athlete in the finish will be the winner of the respective class.
POM 2016 BIB
– All athletes must use the POM2016 bib, given during the accreditation;
– Only athletes with POM’s official bib correctly placed on the equipment are allowed to start the race;
– The bib will have the following information: number, name, SIcard number, class, club and country.
Change SIcard number
– Any SIcard change must be done before the start in the secretariat. It will not be allowed any start with changes of information not validated previously at secretariat.
– It won’t be allowed any change of start times in event days;
– In case of any constraint related with start times (example: need of an early start time in the last day) please write it down during the entry process;
– Open classes won’t have start time, they will have a time interval where they can start with “START” box.
Race time limits
– The time limit for Long courses is 3 hours, for the Middle distance is 2 hours and for Urban Night Race is 1 hour;
– At the end of each course athletes can keep their map, therefore Fair Play is requested to all participants.
– The final result of POM2016 will be defined by the sum of points from all four forest stages, except in Elite classes, whose event winner will be the first runner at the finish on the last stage (Chasing Start);
– The Urban Night Race and Pre-O events won’t count to POM2016 general classification.
– POM2016: Prices for the first 3 athletes in each class (5 first in M21E, M21SE and W21E classes) and 3 best clubs. All W/M10 and W/M12 runners will receive a gift, whatever their classification;
– WRE: prices for the 5 first in W21E and M21SE;
– Urban Night Race: prices for the first in each competition class;
– PreO: Prizes for the first 3 in each class.
– Athletes affiliated in POF are covered by POF insurance;
– National and Portuguese resident non-affiliated athletes are covered by POF insurance;
– Foreign and/or non-resident athletes are not covered by any insurance. They should provide for their own security and insurance.
– There will be traffic indications given by Organization using orange and white arrows;
– Please follow and respect the indications, both for traffic and parking.
– POM2016 will be regulated by Portuguese Orienteering Federation regulation. In presence of any missing case we will apply the IOF rules.